Location: Towson, Maryland
Athletics Creative Services Coordinator - Contractual - (23000054)
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
The Athletics Creative Services Coordinator creates and produces original print and digital designs for Towson University Athletics. This role includes exceptional design strategy, a collaborative team spirit, and the ability to execute creative direction while also identifying trends and developments in the design/digital world.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities for the Athletics Creative Services Coordinator position include the following:
- Operating under the guidance of a senior staff member, conceives and produces designs for digital, print, or other mediums to communicate the message(s) of Towson University and its respective departments
- Lays out and formats documents, ensuring that all work adheres to university brand standards, including the research/acquisition/direction of photography, stock art, and or fonts as needed
- Incorporates changes recommended by clients, project managers, or senior staff
- Designs and codes html e-mails in accordance with best practices, current trends, and Towson University’s digital and brand standards
- Creates concepts and original designs for online communications and mobile platforms, including websites, microsites, online advertising, social media, mobile apps, and e-publications
- Selects and optimizes digital assets for online application
- Collaborates with university and freelance creative professionals (i.e., writers, editors, photographers, web content professionals, and marketing staff) on design concepts, layouts, and strategies from inception to completion within set schedules and budgets
- Meets with sports programs and staff to consult on publication/communication needs; evaluates needs and assesses their context within university marketing objectives
- Reviews proofs and attends press checks to ensure accuracy and quality of materials produced
Telework may be available for this position up to two days per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of graphic design experience
- Knowledge of design and printing standards
- Proficiency in design software (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or Dreamweaver)
- Proficiency with web/email design, including working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of designing for social media platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter
- Effective written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
Salary and Benefits
$24.93 per hour and a contract that offers annual leave, holidays, sick days. Contractual employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage. The position is contingent on funds being available at time of hire. To learn more about our benefits, please click here. TU also offers a variety of great perks and discounts, which can be found here.
If you are motivated, innovative and team-oriented, we would love to hear from you. This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Link to Apply: https://towson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=23000054&lang=en