Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107133-en_US
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School is seeking a dynamic and energetic Director of Recruitment for Full-Time Programs to provide strategic, forward-looking leadership and effective management for recruiting students to the full-time Johns Hopkins MBA and our portfolio of full-time Master of Science programs. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Recruitment and Admissions, the Director of Recruitment for Full-Time Programs is responsible for leading a team of high performing Admissions Officers, assisting in the development of the Carey Business School's recruitment strategy in the national and international marketplace in support of the school's goals related to student quantity and quality. The Director is dually focused on both long-term objectives as well as day-to-day internal operations and processes. The Director partners with all other Carey departments, particularly faculty, marketing, academic programs, student affairs, and alumni relations, as well as Admissions Directors from other JHU schools with which Carey has full-time dual degree programs.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Recruit a diverse and talented student body in alignment with annually established Carey Business School goals and priorities
- Represent Carey Business School to prospective students, domestic and international academic institutions, and alumni at events on- and off-campus.
- Direct quality assessment of applications for full-time MBA. Coordinate preparation of materials for full-time MBA admission committee meetings. Lead MBA admission committee meetings, advising on admission and scholarship decisions.
- Ensure proper utilization of Admissions CRM (Slate) for tracking and reporting on recruitment activities and communication with prospective students for full-time programs. Recruit, hire, onboard, and effectively manage admissions officers for full-time recruitment team;
- Work with Assistant Dean to set recruitment budget, travel, and event strategy
- Report to school leadership on recruitment activities, metrics, and class profile for full-time programs.
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Leadership Team
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Recruitment Management & Data-Driven Planning
- Together with the Assistant Dean, develops and implements the full-time student recruitment and admission strategy
- Analyzes market research, together with the marketing department, to guide the establishment of strategic objectives, goals, and recruitment strategies
- Develops plans for inquiry generation in alignment with Carey Business School goals and priorities
- Formulates, disseminates, and conducts ongoing review and evaluation of admissions policies to maintain a competitive position in the marketplace, achieve the desired mix of new students in full-time programs and ensure consistent, timely and fair guidelines, policies, and procedures
Communication & Coordination of Activities
- Manages how full-time recruitment team approaches outreach and events for conversion at all stages of the full-time MBA funnel and inquiry to application for full-time MS programs.
- Coordinates admissions activities with marketing department activities to ensure ample student inquiries to produce desired enrollments
- Manages staff across Carey Business School's locations in Baltimore and Washington, DC
- Promotes the School and its programs through formal and informal interactions with prospective students, peer institutions, and companies
- Implements and monitors ongoing coaching to ensure all direct reports exhibit accurate, current, and comprehensive program and admissions knowledge.
- Directly or through staff, works closely with Student Enrollment and Accounts Management, Student Affairs, and the MBA Programs Office to ensure proper communication and smooth enrollment processes for full-time MBA candidates.
- Regularly reviews department processes and use of information technology to maintain efficient and effective processing
- Ensures compliance with all School, federal, state, University and accreditation standards and requirements
- Represent Carey on select internal University committees as well as in external associations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years related experience
- Additional education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
- A Master's Degree is strongly preferred, in Business, HR, Higher Education, or a closely related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in higher education admissions or in a related field.
- A successful record of accomplishment in graduate student recruitment.
- Experience working in international markets.
- Experience working with a full-time MBA population strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn nuances of the Carey Business School programs.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and leverage data and metric driven performance processes.
- Knowledge of program budget development and management.
- Knowledge of customer service theory, specifically customer/constituent relationship management.
- Exceptional project management, time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Results-oriented and devoted to accomplishing the admissions goals.
- Knowledge of technology at it relates to admissions and higher education; understanding of admissions data and databases, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to successfully develop, motivate, and lead a culturally diverse team.
- Demonstrated competency in working with the needs of diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a varied constituency including faculty, staff, students and industry representatives.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and results oriented.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a variety of desktop software packages, including a CRM and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) for use in correspondence, analysis, information management and presentations.
- Presents self in a professional and polished manner.
- Strong experience in working in international settings; cross cultural competence and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to execute effectively.
- Ability to conduct research on admissions trends.
Classified Title: Director Admissions
Working Title: Director Recruitment Full Time Programs
Starting Salary Range: $72,940 - $100,380 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: 8:30-5:00 Monday to Friday with some evenings and weekends required
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JH at Harbor East
Department name: Admissions
Personnel area: Carey Business School
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.