Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 109020
The Hopkins Athletics department seeks an innovative and forward-thinking Coordinator of Business Development and Game Operations. This intern position is supported through the NCAA Ethnic Minorities and Women's Internship Grant and will funded for two years. Hopkins encourages inquiries from candidates who value professional and personal development and will actively contribute toward a culture of diversity and inclusiveness within both the department and University setting. Hopkins Student Affairs seeks to hire, and support the professional development of, colleagues who: are equity-minded; demonstrate a commitment to inclusion; share a keen understanding of the importance of our identity as a diverse community of learners; are poised to contribute to our efforts to support student learning and offer robust leadership development and community engagement opportunities; and can contribute to our efforts to foster student connection and a sense of belonging across our university.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, participate in the oversight of revenue generating initiatives related to event rentals, camps and clinics. Participate in the development of annual goal structure and aid in meeting and/or exceeding yearly.
- Provide varsity game management and coordination for Fall, Winter and Spring sports throughout the academic year. This includes coordinating student employees and serving as the point of contact to ensure smooth operations. Oversee students in the areas of (operating scoreboard, time clock, announcing, greet arriving teams/officials).
- Serve as primary contact for rental events including event intake, correspondences, preparing estimates, facility scheduling, implementation, managing day of logistics, collection of payment and necessary paperwork.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a marketing plan to retain repeat business and expand customer base.
- Support event tracking, reconciliation and track KPI event data under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director, Business Operations.
- Coordinate, market, and implement a Hopkins Athletics and Recreation Youth Summer Camp. This will include hiring camp staff, developing camp procedures, and ensuring all State of Maryland regulations are followed.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Two years of related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a camp/clinic environment preferred.
- Individual post undergraduate or graduate degree looking for hands-on experience preferred.
Please apply directly at the link below: