Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 109103-en_US
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide administrative and project coordination to support the Campus Operations and Facilities department in providing overall campus-wide facilities. They will act as the primary point of contact for the second-floor reception desk, manage the Campus Operations and Carey J-card email accounts, provide timely response to customer service requests, coordinate J-Card processing and ID dissemination, locker distribution for the Baltimore campus, and provide support with special projects to the Campus Operations leadership team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Administrative Support (80%)
- Serve as the main point of contact for the second-floor front desk and is expected to greet all visitors to the campus center in a friendly, professional, and pro-active manner, and provides assistance to all.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all telephone calls that come into the campus.
- Respond to basic current student inquiries direct them to the appropriate contact.
- Respond to schedule or room changes by assisting departments and faculty posting campus notices.
- Process J-Cards for the campus or across multiple campuses, as requested. Includes communicating the process, coordinating the scheduling of photographs.
- Track and distribute complete J-Cards.
- Develop process workflows and upkeep departmental organizational structure chart.
- Gather data for the creation of analytical reporting.
- Serve as departmental liaison for onboarding/ offboarding faculty and/or staff.
- Serve as the main point of contact for utilizing the JHU point of sales system to process payments.
- Update and maintain the Carey Business School staff and faculty directory and workstation/office assignment floorplans.
- Serve as the liaison for training any new staff on the use of visitor management software.
- Triage and take action to remedy and respond to campus facilities needs and problems.
- Communicate with staff, students and faculty regarding building policies and procedures.
- Maintain continuity between day and evening campus center staff by communicating any pending issues and special needs for the evening schedule.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including setting up and maintaining record keeping systems for the center, preparation of documents, assistance with mass mailings and emails, sorting and distributing mail.
Special Projects (10%)
- Assist departmental leadership with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General knowledge of all Carey Business School academic programs or ability to quickly learn this information.
- General knowledge of events programming.
- General knowledge and experience with purchasing and operating budgets.
- Must be highly service oriented.
- Professional demeanor.
- Attentive to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to draft basic original correspondence and emails; experience with electronic communications.
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a deadline- driven organization.
- Flexible and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor's Degree with one year of administrative experience is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office strongly desired.
- Experience in a professional setting and an academic environment is a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Working Title: Administrative Coordinator (Harbor East)
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.95-$25.30-$32.60 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: JH at Harbor East
Department name: Operations
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.