Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108710-en_US
Johns Hopkins Public Safety (JHPS) is seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator who will provide administrative support and perform general office duties for the Johns Hopkins Police Accountability Board (JHAB). The position will work 20 hours per week (flexible), including some daytime and evening hours.
The Johns Hopkins University Police Accountability Board (JHAB), unique both in Maryland and throughout the country, empowers community members from JHU and the surrounding neighborhoods to help directly shape the development and operation of the future Johns Hopkins Police Department (JHPD).
The ideal candidate for this position must possess a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, be able to work in a collaborative work environment, committed to excellence and customer service, must be able to identify and resolve administrative problems and issues. This position requires the ability to apply a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively create working relationships with the JHAB, community and university partners.
The position will report to the Special Assistant to the Vice President for Johns Hopkins Public Safety. This is a permanent part-time position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a general resource for all direct inquiries from a variety of constituents including faculty, students, community members, providing information on the JHAB.
- Field and respond to questions and information requests from a variety of constituents including faculty, students, community members, providing information on the JHAB.
- Draft, proofread, and/or edit correspondence, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and standardized formatting.
- Screen and prioritize incoming correspondence to the JHAB.
- Help develop and recommend administrative processes/procedures and communication systems to assure efficiency.
- Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner.
- Pick up and deliver materials as requested/needed by JHAB for meetings.
- Research and assemble materials for presentations for JHAB meetings.
- Independently compile and prepare materials, confirm meeting details and assist with communication and other details as needed for JHAB meetings.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes and disseminating to the appropriate audience.
- Maintain records as needed for the JHAB through electronic filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, updating and destruction.
- Exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems.
- Schedule JHAB meetings and book accessible meeting venues.
- Supports Special Assistant to the VP as availability permits; may seek guidance as needed from Special Assistant for purposes of ensuring deadlines are met for JHAB.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years of related work experience.
- Additional education may substitute for the required experience, to the extent allowed by the JHU equivalency formula.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with community, faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and track status.
- Professional attitude and appearance, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator-ADM
Working Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $37,328-$52,616-$67,808 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: Flexible - 4 hrs per day/5 days some evenings
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: JH Downtown Center
Department name: VP for Public Safety Office of
Personnel area: University Administration
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.