Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108240-en_US
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School is seeking a Technical Support Supervisor to supervise, train and mentor three technical staff consisting of two Technical Support Analysts and one Multimedia Technician. Hands-on duties include providing support for the technology at The Carey Business School. The Technical Support Supervisor will directly manage the Carey Harbor East classroom and conference room technology. This position will also assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of Information Technology applications, products or services. The Technical Support Supervisor will manage the recording, prioritization and tracking of customer calls, and resolve Level 1, Level 2 and some Level 3 issues directly. This position will escalate Level 3 issues to the LAN Admin III and investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems, including installation, troubleshooting, maintenance. The Technical Support Supervisor will provide technical support for Enterprise systems, LAN/desktop and networking functions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Performance Management 30%
- Hiring, training and development, performance management, coaching and counseling for three full-time and one part-time technical staff.
- Assigns and prioritize work and schedules staff as needed to support the changing needs of the Center.
Classroom & Individual Technology Support 70%
- Manage the classroom and conference room technology at the Carey Harbor East Center.
- LAN/WAN connectivity troubleshooting, network monitoring/management. PC support for staff, labs, library (approximately 250 PCs).
- Network configuration and administration of Windows servers in an Active Directory domain.
- Evaluates needs in coordination with faculty, recommends improvements, supervises installation and maintenance of hardware and software of labs for instructional and student use.
- Evaluates needs in coordination with faculty, recommends improvements, and supervises installation and maintenance of audio/visual equipment for classrooms.
- Management of desktops and laptops (installation, upgrade and maintenance of necessary software) through SCCM deployment tools, and various system software products.
- Evaluation, recommendation and creation of installation procedures of new software for use by staff and faculty and students.
- Manage the Carey Harbor East Microsoft Deployment Server.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings as required.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of virtual meeting spaces, Zoom, etc.
- Working knowledge of Crestron classroom and conference room controls.
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows servers.
- Expert knowledge SCCM and deployment tools.
- Understanding of the interaction of a many types of networking devices.
- Knowledge of scripting and Active Directory Group Policy.
- Advanced knowledge of PC computer hardware, applications and peripherals.
- Advanced knowledge PC computer operating systems Windows10.
- Advanced knowledge of MAC OSX.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to direct junior staff.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knows the informal and formal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures that may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division.
- Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and use an 8 ft step ladder.
- Two years college coursework.
- Three years of related experience, including some help desk experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role.
Classified Title: Technical Support Supervisor
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OH
Starting Salary Range: $55,328-$75,920-$96,720 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: 37.5 WK5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: JH at Harbor East
Department name: IT Operations
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.