Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 73439-en_US
We are seeking a Contract Administrator who reports to the Director Procurement Operations and will be responsible for preparing, examining, analyzing, negotiating, and revising contracts that involve the purchase or sale of goods or services, such as equipment, materials, supplies, or products. The position handles contracts' administration over their entire life cycle (beginning to end), including review of commercial and legal terms.
Speciﬁc Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with JHU Legal to oversee the legal terms (e.g., indemnity clause) and the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the purchase or sale of goods and services.
- Works closely with the Category Portfolio Group Manager and participates in negotiating the commercial terms of the contract (e.g., price, contract period).
- Develops practical and eﬀective contract governance and administration policies, processes, procedures and work instructions for Procurement.
- Develops standardized contract template libraries to be used for re-occurring purchases. Negotiates contract terms and conditions.
- Prepares contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements to ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Tracks authorizations and correspondence.
- Maintains detailed and organized ﬁles including audit ﬁles for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clariﬁcations, payment schedules.
- Prepares contract change, cancellation and other notices as required.
- Ensures contractors are in compliance with legal requirements, owner speciﬁcations and government regulations.
- Conducts on-going training for procurement professionals and key stakeholders on the contract administration process, policies and technologies.
- Administers surveys, prepare reporting and other data collection and metrics compilation activities.
Minimum Qualiﬁcations (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 5 years related experience in contract administration in a complex environment.
- Additional related work experience (beyond the 5 years) may be substituted for the degree to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (one year of experience may substitute for 30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours).
- Paralegal or Contract Administration certiﬁcation highly desirable.
- This position allows an opportunity to Telecommute.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires strong contract clause and policy writing abilities in a procurement environment including knowledge of commercial contract terms and conditions, statements of work, acceptable clause modiﬁcations and alternative fallback positions, plus advanced skill-set in MS Word.
- Requires the ability to earn and retain the respect of Legal and Procurement professionals.
- Must be able to communicate eﬀectively with and win cooperation from personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to get things done with informal authority.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to achieve demanding deadlines without requiring constant follow-up.
- Must be able to re-order project priorities on short-notice and adapt to changing requirements.
- Prefer experience with contract database technologies.
- Prefer strong stand-up training and presentations skills, plus advanced presentation software skills.
Classified Title: Contract Administrator
Starting Salary Range: $52,230 - $71,890 - $91,550 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: Buying
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law