Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108138-en_US
The Department of Surgery (Bayview Campus) is seeking a CO Nurse Practitioner to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary health team and, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to both well and/or ill patients. The Nurse Practitioner educates and/or interviews in acute or chronic illness.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to incorporate into practice theoretical concepts and advanced clinical skills with patients, families, and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Analytical ability necessary to diagnose patients and to develop and implement plans of actions for long- and short-term management of acute and chronic health.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide information to patients and health care personnel.
- Ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
- Works cooperatively within own units/department and with other units and departments.
- Willingly exchanges appropriate and professional information with co-workers.
- Consistently ensures that patient information is kept private and confidential.
- Provides comprehensive age appropriate and episodic care to patients as a member of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for organizing time and workload to meet patient, staff, and departmental needs.
- Acts as an educational and clinical resource to patients and families.
- Master's Degree in Nursing; Registered Nurse license and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be licensed as NP in State of Maryland or other state where practicing.
- Additional experience may substitute for master's degree, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
**Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment. Completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date**
Sitting, standing and walking for extended period. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s). Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or clinical environment.
Classified Title: Nurse Practitioner
Working Title: CO Nurse Practitioner
Starting Salary Range: $100,00 - $116,600 - $148,390 (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: JH at 8 Market Place
Department name: SOM Sur Bay Gen Surgery BMC
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.