Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108201-en_US
A full-time Sr Research Data Manager is needed to join the Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology of the Wilmer Eye Institute. The incumbent will be responsible to manage databases for sponsored multicenter international clinical trial in ophthalmology. In particular, the incumbent will serve as the Data Manager in the coordinating center for a phase-3 multicenter clinical trial in inherited retinal degeneration. During the trial start-up phase, the incumbent will lead on developing the electronic data collection platform and during trial active data collection phase, the incumbent will manage the database on a daily basis for progress reporting, data analysis and quality assurance purposes. In addition to supporting clinical trial coordinating centers, the incumbent will also provide data management support to research studies at the Wilmer Biostatistics Center.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining the data processing system.
- Maintaining the integrity of the Study database.
- Running database edit and update programs.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation of programs, procedures, and file structures.
- Assisting with preparation of reports for review by the DSMC at least once a year.
- Generating regular performance reports and reminders.
- Selecting information from the data files to be checked during clinic visits by the site visitors to the clinics.
- Assuring that sufficient backup is provided for all Study data files.
- Assisting with preparations of analytical datasets as directed by the study Biostatisticians.
- Performing other data processing tasks as directed by the Informatics Analyst and Biostatisticians.
Specific Responsibilities Regarding Data Management for the Wilmer Biostatistics Center (WBC) include
- To provide data management support for biostatistician as needed for research projects.
- To develop data collection platform for research projects.
- To perform basic data summaries and analysis with the supervision of the WBC director.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Five years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Master's Degree in data analytics related disciplines.
- Data management experience (full-time or half-time) with multicenter studies
- Data management experience with randomized clinical trials
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrably strong organizational skills with attention to detail and independent follow through.
- Ability of independently learning and completing job responsibilities.
- Familiarity with at least one statistical software including R, SAS, Stata
- Familiarity with database programing
- Familiarity with REDCap
- Flexibility with evolving study protocol and workflows
- Ability to shift between in-person and remote work as needed.
- Able to positively contribute to a diverse workplace.
Classified Title: Sr Research Data Manager
Starting Salary Range: $54,080-$74,390-$94,710 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Oph Dana Center
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.