Germantown - Silver Spring, Maryland
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108156-en_US
Under general supervision of the Associate Director, we are seeking a Contracting Team Administrator JHFRE D&C who will provide support to the Senior Contract Administrator (SCA) and the Contract Administrator (CA). The CTA will be an integral member of the Contracting Team which provides design and construction procurement services, contract administration, and accounting services for the JHFRE Design & Construction (D&C), Program Management, and Facilities Teams.
D&C is responsible for management of the design, construction, and occupancy for all new construction, renovation, and capital renewal projects on the JHU Homewood campus, Mount Washington campus, JH at Eastern, JH at Keswick, Washington DC campus, and Montgomery County Campus. D&C provides services to all university schools and divisions, except School of Medicine, and Applied Physics Lab.
The Department also provides tenant fit-out services for the Johns Hopkins enterprise which in addition to the above, includes the Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Medicine, Applied Physics Lab, The Johns Hopkins Health System, and The Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
The Capital Projects Team currently includes approximately 50 professionals who support the Johns Hopkins University mission. Reports to the Associate Director for the Contracting Team, JHFRE Design & Construction.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide primary assistance and support to the Senior Contract Administrator (SCA) and the Contract Administrator (CA).
- Assists CA in the preparation, tracking and compliance of all Contract Documents within the project portfolio including design, engineering, construction, consulting, furniture, moving, and other specialized services.
- Assists CA with verification of required contract documents including certificates of insurance and bonds.
- Assists CA with coordination with the University legal team, Project Management Teams, and vendors regarding proposed edits to contracts.
- Assists CA with tracking, reporting, and sending reminders to vendors and JHFRE personnel to maintain the contact commitment workflow process.
- Assists CA to maintain, update, and coordinate contract templates in project files and PMWeb.
- Assists CA with entering new projects and associated data in PMWeb and weekly Commitment Status updates.
- Assists SCA with coordination with project managers to develop Request for Proposal (RFP) and Invitation to Bid (ITB) solicitations for design & consultant services, construction management & general contracting services, and furniture and equipment procurement.
- Assists SCA to review the accuracy of proposals for fair and accurate evaluations by the project team.
- Assists SCA with review and analysis of proposals for the evaluation by the project teams to determine best value to the University.
- Assists SCA with communications with solicited firms and internal JHFRE project team members.
- Provide general support to the Contracting Manager and the Director of Operations to draft memos and transmittals to University Leadership.
- Contributes to Contracting Team oversight to ensure compliance to the D&C Process and Procedures Document and to University Policies by the D&C and Program Management Teams, and respondents to RFPs and bid solicitations.
- Schedules and manages pre-bid meetings and interviews with short listed firms.
- Coordinates with the Economic Inclusion Manager as necessary prior to the issuance of Invitations to Bid and Requests for Proposals.
- Provide support to the Economic Inclusion Manager on reporting related to Hopkins Local initiative.
- Provide assistance with the management of our work induction process which documents project requests from University clients.
- Works cohesively with all departments within Johns Hopkins Facilities and Real Estate to support the overall mission of the organization and the University.
- Represents the University to external constituencies including architects, engineers, constructors, regulatory agencies, etc. on a variety of issues related to project procurement and submission requirements.
- Demonstrates the use of excellent verbal and written communication skills for consensus building, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Exchanges routine and non-routine information with staff, vendors, and internal and external clients as appropriate.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks, resolve problems, and manage tasks as required.
- Working knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management.
- Working knowledge of design and construction agreements.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications including Windows, word processing, excel, and project management and procurement software.
- Ability to use equipment and applications indicated herein.
- Collaborative, inclusive, and respectful work ethic which builds and sustains positive working relationships with a wide range of constituents and external vendors.
- Interacts professionally with JHU departmental staff as well as contractors, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
- Ability and comfort level with public speaking and presentation skills as needed.
- Committed to the mission of the University, customer service, and best practices in design and construction procurement.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hands(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using spoken and written word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
*This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Construction or related field.
- Five years of related contract administration experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related work experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency.
Classified Title: Contracting Administrator
Working Title: Contracting Team Administrator, JHFRE D&C
Starting Salary Range: $52,230-$71,890-$91,550 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 37.5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JH at Keswick
Department name: Design & Construction
Personnel area: University Administration
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.