Germantown - Silver Spring, Maryland
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108146-en_US
We are seeking an Imaging Informatics Assistant. The Lima Labs research is concentrated on the development and application of imaging and technology to address scientific and clinical problems involving the heart and vascular system. Specifically, the research is focused on developing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast techniques to investigate microvascular function in patients and experimental animals with myocardial infarction; functional reserve secondary to dobutamine stimulation and myocardial viability assessed by sodium imaging; and cardiac MRI and computed tomography (CT) program development of techniques to characterize atherosclerosis in humans with cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease. As the Echocardiography Core Lab (ECL), we are responsible for receiving de-identified echocardiography images from all 70 sites. It is essential that the ECL is able to receive these images for analysis and interpretation for reporting data back to the sponsor.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Working under the direction of Kimberly Keck and Dr. Joao Lima, the Informatics Assistant will work full time to set up the accounts for all 70 sites, which may include 5-10 personnel per site (Up to 700 accounts to be created and managed).
- This position will also help the manager with troubleshooting for image transfer, verify proper de-identification of images, and assist with maintaining the image repository database.
- A primary responsibility of our lab is to maintain an image repository for Echocardiography imaging study data.
- The image repository is through a web-based platform that requires individual account creation for all users.
- The imaging sites will perform the echocardiography exam and JHU will receive, interpret, analyze, and report data back to the sponsor.
- Image transfer issues can occur and require remote site support to correct the errors.
- Act as central communication for research team.
- Manage weekly Team Meetings and Data Meetings: scheduling, take lead on agenda preparation, run meetings, keep minutes, track assignments between meetings.
- Assist with recruitment of study participants and implementation of the protocol.
- Assist with tracking progress of study.
- Assist with data acquisition and analysis.
- Assist with preparation of abstract, manuscript, and national conference presentations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with study participants.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: Research Assistant
Working Title: Imaging Informatics Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $16.75-$23.00-$29.30 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Cardiology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.