Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108132-en_US
Johns Hopkins University Press seeks a Fulfillment Systems Administrator (Programmer Analyst) who will be responsible for overseeing and executing daily operational aspects relating to the THINK Subscription Enterprise fulfillment system and reporting engines, as well as serving as a team member on all web- and data-integration projects that utilize the THINK system. The Fulfillment System Administrator will join a team of exceptional professionals committed to bringing the benefits of discovery to the world by providing global access, impact, and influence for the scholarship that we publish and distribute. This position will help to ensure that the Press is a leader in the selection and development of innovative ideas and scholarship; the creation of pioneering technologies to enhance discovery and learning; and the connection of people to the most trusted knowledge from global researchers, scholars, and educators. This position reports to the Fulfillment Systems Project Manager.
The Press is committed to honoring every persons inherent dignity as human beings and making that the foundation of our organizational culture. We proactively find ways to ensure opportunities that promote justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to publish courageously - giving voice to groundbreaking ideas. We support each other and our stakeholders and envision a future where knowledge enriches the lives of every person. The successful candidate will join a welcoming community that is inclusive and values the contributions and perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Updating existing system setups and creating setups for new publications and association/membership products.
- Providing end-user support to identify and resolve system errors, including support to internal customer-service representatives, marketing personnel, internal and external application developers, accountants and other consumers of financial data, as well as online customers.
- Identifying requirements, testing implementations, and creating and maintaining documentation for all Web-based e-commerce applications and data-integration projects based on the THINK system API.
- Providing on-demand reports and data analysis to internal customers.
- Transforming data received from outside sources to meet system specifications for importing customer and order data.
- Troubleshooting and documenting system issues for escalation to the system manufacturer.
- Maintaining internal documentation to augment and enhance documentation supplied by the system manufacturer.
- Identifying and documenting potential system enhancements.
- Testing system upgrades.
- Troubleshooting system-specific networking and infrastructure issues.
- Weave equity, justice, and inclusion principles into all aspects of the work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- One year related experience.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively while working within a team structure is essential, as is the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Experience working with database-driven subscription-based business systems in a publishing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Crystal Reports or a similar reporting interface a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills including using analytics to drive decisions.
- Creative thinker; embracing new ideas; passionate about developing the potential of Hopkins Press.
- Inclusive in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Excel in effective use of resources; keen self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
Classified Title: Programmer Analyst
Working Title: Fulfillment Systems Administrator
Starting Salary Range: $52,230-$71,890-$91,550 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Journals Administration
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.