Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108147-en_US
IT@JH Administration and Finance team is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst who will be responsible for managing, with a high degree of accuracy, multiple financial budgets and reporting. This position will report directly to the Financial Manager for IT@JH.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Management Responsibilities
- Assists in management of multiple financial budgets. Submits the monthly financial transactions, such as KB15Ns, journal entries, and non-payroll cost transfers, on a timely basis (before deadlines). Ensures transactions have correctly posted.
- Forecast budgets including future revenues, depreciation schedules and related documentation from analysis of historical data trends and/or with input from IT Directors on a regular and ad-hoc basis, prepare tracking budget expenditures versus projections.
- Coordinates, consolidates, and analyzes departmental information for preparation of the monthly/quarterly and annual operating/capital budgets and five-year to ten-year plans.
- Prepares internal financial statements, and reviews and assess materials prepared by the directors within the IT organization.
- Prepares written comments on variances from budgeted monthly and at year end close.
- Maintains broad understanding of the financial positions/conditions of the various cost centers throughout the department.
- Meets with and serves as a go-to resource for cost center managers and IT directors.
- Processes check requests and pay invoices, creates purchase orders and approves travel reimbursements.
- Serves as a key approver for all Concur Travel and Expense reimbursements for IT@JH staff.
- Serves as the PCard holder for both JHU and JHHS cards and provides excellent customer service for on-the-spot purchases that are needed.
Financial Analysis Responsibilities
- Monitors and analyzes the current and projected operations of numerous budgets.
- Assimilates information from various sources to draw conclusions, to effect change in processes, procedures, and reporting, and/or theorize downstream impacts.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws conclusions with direction (as necessary) from others. Must be able to interpret technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as explain or describe moderately complex information and presentation materials.
- Plans and conducts complex studies to determine the cost of business for various levels of departmental operations.
- Analyzes complex financial data, extracting and defining relevant information using various accounting systems, communicating necessary information to applicable members of the IT administration team.
- Updates existing procedures as needed, as well as creates new procedures as warranted.
- Responsible for accurate data entry.
- Utilizes various tools and data analysis programs to enhance decision making surrounding costing, funding, consumption of services, pricing and integration.
- Demonstrates ability for self-direction and initiation, as well as ability to work independently and as part of a team, to address problems/tasks.
- Must be organized and able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Arrives at work on time and is prepared to assist coworkers, faculty, and both internal and external customers at the beginning of his/her workday.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive MS Excel experience (Pivot Tables/Advanced Formula development)
- Proficient knowledge of Office Suite (Word/Excel/Access/Outlook)
- SAP ERP (Including ECC/R3)
- Proficient in the use of software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform a high degree of accuracy.
- Superior math aptitude.
- High level of self-organization.
- Ability to handle/manage and organize a heavy workload.
- Ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines.
- Able to coordinate the work of a diversified staff in various environments.
- Modified Hybrid, Mt. Washington
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Five years progressively responsible related financial/accounting experience.
- Additional education (master's in a related field) may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Knowledge of Johns Hopkins policies and procedures.
- Experience working in an IT Financial Management capacity.
- Experience in a large and complex finance department.
- Experience with Advanced BI and Automation tools like SAP Analysis (BusinessObjects), Tableau, PowerBI and UIPath.
Classified Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $61,070-$83,900-$106,710 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Mount Washington Campus
Department name: IT@JH Administration and Finance
Personnel area: University Administration
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.