Germantown - Silver Spring, Maryland
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Office of Student Engagement at Loyola University Maryland is seeking an Assistant Director for Student Programming. The Assistant Director (AD) is responsible for developing campus programming, advising the brand new student programming board, and overseeing the “Late Night” committee, comprised of colleagues from across campus. The AD works closely with the Director and Associate Director in Student Engagement, other key university personnel, and outside agencies/organizations in the development of a programming calendar that enhances the educational and social aspects of campus life. The AD will advise and consult with individual students, student committees and student organizations that participate in on campus programming. Outreach to ALANA (African, Latinx, Asian, & Native American) Services and other student and departmental groups to ensure that the office is supporting student engagement across a diverse spectrum and supports all students.
Provide strategic direction in the implementation of late light and weekend programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with departments and colleagues across campus to collaborate on the development and implementation of a comprehensive weekend programming calendar.
- Ensure that “Late Night” programs appeal to the diverse needs of the student body.
- Develop and maintain methods of program assessment, including tracking marketing efforts for each event.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budgets, including distribution of funding for late night and weekend events.
Advise student programming board and supervise graduate assistants
- Recruit, train, and advise the students who serve on the programming board. The committees for the board include traditions & signature events, on and off campus programming, school spirit and pride, and collaboration with other student organizations.
- Supervise two graduate assistants within the department; assist with hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training.
Program and event marketing
- Responsible for sending out weekly “Late Night” newsletter of events.
- Updating and maintaining various department websites.
- Assist with the curation of events and management of student groups on The Bridge, Loyola’s engagement platform (A CampusGroups product).
- Advise student marketing specialists to assist with promoting programming and events on campus through flyers, digital signage, and social media.
Department collaboration and support
- Collaborate with administrative departments to encourage faculty, staff, and administrators to participate in programs and encourage student participation.
- Represent the department to the Division of Student Development, the University, and external constituents.
- Support divisional/campus initiatives as required.
- Provide coverage for additional departmental events that often occur on evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience is required.
- A Master’s degree in higher education, student personnel, counseling, or other related field is preferred.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to student development, Ignatian discernment and leadership development
- Proven commitment to diversity and ability to support and work with underrepresented students
- Ability to positively engage and motivate students
- Ability to multi-task and possesses strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver, implement, and assess programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support the University’s goals for institutional diversity, as well as the goals and values of a Catholic, Jesuit education