Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108060-en_US
The Baltimore City Health Department's (BCHD) mobile clinical services program Healthcare on The Spot (The Spot) prioritizes delivering specialized health care services to people who use drugs (PWUD) in Baltimore City. We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Case Manager who will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, working with other clinicians, non-clinical case managers, and community health workers to engage and manage clients living with HIV, hepatitis C (HCV), Opioid Use Disorder, and acute, or chronic wounds. The Mobile Services Clinical Nurse Case Manager will be responsible for coordinating client care through a client's entire care continuum. This position will spend most of their time in/on the mobile clinical services van, which parks at select sites in communities with high rates of opioid-related overdose, five days per week, as well as engaging with patients telephonically via our buprenorphine phone outreach program. This position requires someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, willing to work in mobile and community settings, flexible in learning new service delivery models and thrives in team environments.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide program information to prospective patients regarding HIV, HCV, STI, buprenorphine and wound care programs at all street-based locations and telemedicine visits.
- Administer initial comprehensive psychosocial intake for new patients and document in clinic EMR in a timely manner.
- Navigate patients through the clinic enrollment process for HIV, HCV, STI and buprenorphine programs. This will include face-to-face visits and phone sessions.
- In collaboration with the Mobile Care Services team, develop a specialized care plan for patients living with HIV, HCV, STIs, OUD, and acute and chronic wounds.
- Provide clinical care up to the scope of a registered nurse in the State of Maryland including performing nursing assessments, screening of risk factors, ordering tests, administering medications and immunizations per standard of practice and standing orders.
- Perform regular follow up visits with patients (in person and via telephone) receiving continuity care including medication education and addressing existing barriers to care e.g., housing, nutrition, transportation.
- Navigate patients through establishing care with PCPs, BH specialists or addiction services as needed.
- Advocates and coordinates on behalf of clients with insurance companies, outpatient pharmacies and medical devices suppliers to ensure client needs are met.
- Assists medical directors with program evaluation and quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies gaps in patient care/unmet patient needs and accordingly initiates, coordinates, and implements new programs as approved by the Director of Nursing and Medical Director.
- Supports Nursing Case Manager Supervisor with managing clinical and lab supply inventory.
- When needed, serve as driver for the mobile clinic (only standard driver's license required) and maintain general maintenance for the van.
- Individual must be a registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing. Bachelor's degree in nursing or related discipline preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification required.
- Related experience working in Baltimore City and existing knowledge of Baltimore City healthcare systems, social services, community organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and experience with EMRs
- Experience in wound care, preferably WOCN certified.
- TLC: Training and Linkage to Care - HIV Counselor Certification through Maryland Department of Health.
Classified Title: Clinical Nurse
Working Title: Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Starting Salary Range: $62,780-$86,390-$110,010 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM ID BCHD
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.