Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107986-en_US
We are seeking a Quality Confirmation Specialist.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate digital materials (HTML, audio, video, etc) associated with academic courses or training products to ensure proper interface, execution, accuracy and clarity.
- Review course/training pages for consistency with CTL templates and style guidelines.
- Provide reports in Google docs to Production Coordinator regarding improvements to enhance the quality of training programs prior to faculty/student viewing.
- Ensure standardization of training materials and technology, where possible.
- QCS will be responsible for assisting in the development of standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation of products.
- Works with a variety of CTL teams to ensure a standardized high quality training product.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Five years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Background in scientific or health area a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication, organization, and administrative skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Capable of working with management to establish training goals and objectives through needs assessment and requirements gathering.
- Experience with eLearning techniques and strategies a plus.
- Willing and able to quickly learn company proprietary software applications.
Classified Title: Copy Editor
Working Title: Quality Confirmation Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OF
Starting Salary Range: $22.40-$28.00-$35.70 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: Center for Teaching and Learning
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.