Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108102-en_US
IT@JH Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) is seeking an ERP Relationship Manager whose responsibility will be to lead a cross discipline team to support implemented business solutions, and work with business partners to identify, prioritize, and lead the team to provide system changes/enhancements.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the SAP Payroll system functions correctly and is available for usage.
- Reduces the support burden within EBS and central business owners.
- Increases automation and validations, and other enhancements.
- Extends SAP Payroll usage to newly acquired entities.
- Supports and maintains business solutions with respect to current and future technologies for ERP, non-ERP, and cloud systems for the JH enterprise.
- Acts as the SAP Payroll Relationship Manager for JH business solutions and systems.
- Interacts with EBS directors, Business Partners, peer managers, central/business users, vendors, and consultants.
- Direction will be provided by the EBS Director/Chief Functional Architect.
- Functions as a practice manager for one or more specific group of experts in addition to supporting delivery of support and maintenance of existing and new technology.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance as well as have administrative responsibilities for the assigned group(s) or practice(s).
Specific Devices, Software, Projects
- There are more than 12,000 users in the JH enterprise who use the business solutions daily to do their jobs. In addition, every employee within the 50,000+ JH employee base has access to their personal payroll information within the business solution. Therefore, virtually all employees are relying on the EBS team to keep the business systems functioning and healthy every day as well as meeting ever changing business expectations.
- Manages the resources needed to support, maintain, and enhance business systems used by the JH enterprise which is the single book of truth for core HR, Payroll, Finance and Supply Chain transactions. If major issues are discovered, work with EBS leadership, external vendors, other EBS teams and business owners to resolve issues and meet business objectives.
Scale/Size of Area, Project and/or System Supported
- The SAP ERP system is the core transactional system for HR, Payroll, Finance and Supply Chain for the JH enterprise. All faculty/staff/students are reliant on the system to do their job. The systems are used by all schools/divisions, affiliates, and all 6 hospitals (Suburban/HCG/Sibley/Bayview/EB/All Children's).
- The Johns Hopkins ERP (SAP) system contains in excess of 50,000 named users, 80 Unix & MS-Windows based servers, making up a total of 30 systems, across 5 environments, extending across the entire Johns Hopkins Enterprise and all entities, which provides worldwide level of access. The production environment contains 320+ interfaces & integration with other systems, etc.
- The Johns Hopkins ERP systems is recognized nationally as one of the leading SAP installations from the perspective of both a size/scale and complexity.
- Although Johns Hopkins enterprise uses SAP for the majority of business and administrative processes, the ever-changing technology landscape will drive non-SAP solutions into our portfolio.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High level knowledge of current business technologies.
- Track record of collaboration with peers, colleagues and lower-level staff.
- Proven ability to prioritize work and ensure projects and workloads are completed on time while maintaining high morale.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to compromise and negotiate with a very large and diverse customer base.
- Strong analytical abilities to methodically work through a complex problem for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to apply a calm approach under pressure to solve problems or negotiate resources to quickly solve production issues that could impact thousands of users.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Politically aware and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with infrequent direction.
- Seven ERP and Sr. ERP Business Analysts.
- Hybrid, Mt. Washington.
- A Bachelor's Degree. Additional experience may be substituted for education in accordance with the JHU equivalency formula.
- Ten (10) or more years broad experience in a senior level position with a combination in I.T. and business best practices.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires five or more years working on a large-scale ERP or equivalent implementation or support team.
- Experience with one or more SAP/ERP disciplines.
- Broad level of understanding of how ERP solutions are used in a business setting.
- Ability to manage both onsite and remote staff equally well.
- Experience on or exposure to multi discipline teams and projects.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and executive level.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP on premise and cloud products.
- Strong understanding of and/or experience using agile/scrum methodologies.
Classified Title: ERP Manager
Working Title: ERP Relationship Manager
Starting Salary Range: Min $95,370, Mid $131,100, Max $166,850
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Mount Washington Campus
Department name: IT@JH Enterprise Business Solutions
Personnel area: University Administration
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.