Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Type: Full Time
Fullerton Animal Hospital is located in Nottingham, Maryland and has been serving the community for 25 years. We are a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats and offer services such as routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Here at Fullerton Animal Hospital our philosophy is simple: honor the trust and confidence that our clients place in us by maintaining the highest standards of veterinary medicine. Our hospital does not just provide routine pet care, we strive to go above and beyond in everything we do. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Maryland
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
We support our team members with A LOT of programs designed for personal and professional growth including:
Industry-Leading PTO Program
At SVP, we like to call it TRUE PTO--because here, you can actually take personal time off without worrying about making up lost production when you get back. Production-wise it’s like you never left. Relaxation-wise, it’s a game-changer.
High Producers Bonus
CHA-CHING. At SVP, eligible DVMs earn a production bonus of 30% of all revenue generated above $750K a year. Here, you can earn a greater share of the success you help create. Like we said...Cha-Ching.
FULL PAY for four weeks. Because mamas deserve it. Plus short-term disability at 60% of your salary (six weeks for natural birth, eight weeks for C-section), and all still in addition to your PTO. (P.S. We definitely want baby pics when you’re ready to share!)
SVP Leadership Academy
At SVP, we never stop investing in our people. And we’re turning our great veterinarians into great leaders, as well. This executive education experience is designed to develop your business leadership acumen to drive success around your hospital’s culture, team development, and operations. Instruction is led by a Vanderbilt University faculty member and includes a variety of guest experts and speakers.
And the list continues...
- Doctor Mentorship Program: New DVMs are paired with experienced mentor DVMs for a year-long customized learning experience like no other.
- Peer Network: Enjoy 5,000+ phone-a-friend opportunities to veterinary professionals across the country who share the goal of a collaborative working environment.
- Dental Academy: Small-group boot camps and clinical rotations are led by respected industry experts to develop your specialty skills.
- DVM Teammate Referral Program: Get rewarded for making connections that turn into amazing hires.
- Flexible Compensation Structure: Get paid in a way that works for you.
- 401(k): We’re serious about investing in our people. Our teammates receive a hefty 100% match on the first 3% they put in, plus a 50% match on the next 2%.
- Continuing Education Allowance: Our teammates receive 24 hours PTO allowance hours each year exclusively for CE, with no production make-up needed.
- Lead DVM positions available for those ready for the next step.
- Regional and Area Medical Director growth tracks.
- New Hospital Equity Incentives: Join as a founding DVM and get substantial financial benefits.
Our team members also enjoy an extensive, comprehensive benefits package. When you’re on our team, we’ve got you covered.
YOUR HEALTH- COVERED.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Teledoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
YOUR FAMILY- COVERED.
Programs offered to support you in matters such as…
- DVM Maternity Leave
- Caring for Elderly Family
- Returning to Work After a Baby
- Moving to a New Community
- Grieving for a Lost Loved One
- Military Family Matters
- Job Relocation
- Buying or Selling a Home
YOUR FINANCES- COVERED.
Financial protection programs you can bank on
- Industry-Leading PTO Program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Budgeting and Financial Guidance
- Professional Liability Coverage
- $5000 Relocation Allowance
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Retirement Planning
- Will and Testament Planning
- Tax Issues
- Identify Theft Recovery
- Legal Counseling
- Teammate Assistance Program
So, what’s the culture like at SVP?
In a word...Amazing. (There’s a reason why we have the highest DVM retention rate in the country. Maybe it’s the culture. Maybe it’s the stacked benefits package. Maybe it’s both.)
Our brand in a nutshell: You + SVP | Amazing Together
Amazing Together encompasses SVP’s living standard of excellence as a team and the positive impact we deliver for our partners, teammates, clients, pets and communities. Our commitment to this standard is evident in the care we provide to our hospitals and the care they provide for pets. Our continued growth is a direct result of this dedication. This statement is the culmination of our WAG values and is, critically, a statement that aligns with the ambitious vision and unique culture at the heart of SVP. And we invite YOU to be a part of it all.
We live out our WAG Values on a daily basis.
Work Together: At SVP, collaboration and respect are the foundation of our culture--and of our collective success. By working together, we uncover solutions and opportunities that help elevate the team as a whole. And with our unparalleled peer network and depth of resources (think: in-house specialty referrals, a dedicated marketing squad, operations assets, and more), you always have the support that you need to do your best work (and have fun while you’re at it).
Amaze: Our mission is to amaze our clients with exceptional veterinary care and personalized client experiences, as well as to amaze our teammates with the drive to go the extra mile. We find ways to say, “yes”. And we treat others as we would like to be treated.
Grow: We always ask, “How can we do it/make it/be better?” We’re proactive in our quests for knowledge, new ways to engage our clients, and pathways for leadership and development among all of our teammates. With SVP, it’s not just a job. It’s a career.
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed network of animal hospitals with the common mission of providing best-in-class veterinary care with exceptional client experiences.
SVP pursues partnerships with like-minded veterinarians to build this growing network of compassionate, service-oriented animal hospitals. We’re based in Birmingham, AL, but the heartbeat of our organization is in our 300+ local animal hospitals across the country.
SVP provides integrated support, from HR, finance, and inventory management to marketing, recruiting, regional operational support and more to our hospital teams. By leveraging our Home Office resources, the hospitals in our network are able to focus on the medicine and caring for their patients. Each day is truly a partnership (hence, the “P” in SVP).
Our team’s continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than 8,000 employees nationwide. The organization’s success has not gone unnoticed, landing us recognition as #19 on Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces” list in 2022. Additionally, we have ranked among Inc. 5000’s List of "Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022) and the Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021).
You + SVP | Amazing Together
Let’s talk about your amazing future. Start the conversation with our teams today.