Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 108083-en_US
The Department of Health Policy and Management is seeking a Sr. Administrative Coordinator who will provide high-level administrative support to Dr. Eric Bass and Dr. Claire Snyder. This role will coordinate office services, administrative activities, purchasing, accounts reconciliation, records control, manage multiple calendars, and coordinate all travel arrangements. The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will interpret operating policies of the University; work closely with the departments finance and administration team to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems. Whilst this is a full-time hybrid post, the department recognizes that flexibility in work arrangements can improve productivity, moral, and work-life balance. As such, flexible working patterns will be considered as will reduced hours.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive administrative and project support to the Director of the Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) and the Director of the Program for Building Lifestyle, Outcomes, and Care Services Research in Cancer (BLOCS);
- Coordinate and manage diverse tasks related to preparation of grant proposals that must be completed with meticulous attention to detail within tight timelines;
- Represent the leadership of the Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) when budgetary or personnel issues need extra attention.
- Coordinates and arranges complex calendaring by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel arrangements.
- Coordinates travel logistics including transportation, accommodations, and meals; schedule meetings and create an itinerary to include bios and other support materials as necessary.
- Tracks expenses and prepare expense reports for reimbursements.
- Reconciles expenditures.
- Prioritizes, handles, and triages all phone calls and messages to the appropriate offices.
- Develops, revises, and coordinates faculty meeting schedules.
- Assists in the production of center newsletters.
- Greets visitors; opens, sorts, and screens mail; prepares agendas for faculty meetings and takes and distributes minutes; prepares correspondence on behalf of the Directors.
- Coordinates and implements office services such as purchasing, records control, and equipment maintenance.
- Assists with special event planning.
- Prepares and updates bio-sketches and CVs.
- Oversees storage of office files.
- Assists in training new employees.
- General administrative duties include, but are not limited, to scanning, copying, sorting mail, office and kitchen/control center supplies, triaging phone calls, and greeting and assisting visitors.
- Handles telephone calls from patients and enter information into Epic electronic medical record system.
- Maintains master listing of patients.
- Determines priorities and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Works independently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Word processing, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for self-direction and initiation required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Oversees office operations and trains others as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Five years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
Classified Title: Sr. Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $20.40-$28.00-$35.70 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Public Health
Department name: Health Policy & Management -EPC
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.