Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107763-en_US
IT@JH Enterprise Directory and Messaging is seeking a Software Engineer who is responsible for supporting complex dynamic Microsoft licensing assignment solution and is responsible for Identity and Access Management operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Works independently but will have guidance and frequent collaboration with the team and management.
- Designs and maintains Microsoft licensing workflow along with operational support and maintenance for user and guest accounts, account synchronization, and dynamic groups. Documentation of requirements, workflow designs and support.
Specific Devices, Software, Projects
- Primary project will be the design of a complex dynamic Microsoft licensing assignment solution.
Scale/size of area, Project and/or System Supported
- The number of users supported is ~150k. The number of servers is ~30 across 3 production Azure environments. The IAM Team designs and supports hundreds of integrations and workflows with other systems.
- Requires on-call responsibilities every few weeks for a week at a time.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to contribute to the design of new information workflows and complex IT solutions.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within an established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications
- Microsoft cloud computing or database certifications will be helpful.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Five years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server (including T-SQL, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, etc.) and Microsoft SQL Integration Services.
Classified Title: Software Engineer
Starting Salary Range: $71,230-$97,880-$124,510 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: IT@JH Enterprise Directory and Messaging
Personnel area: University Administration
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.