Germantown - Silver Spring, Maryland
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 158875
The inaugural AVP will create, develop, and implement effective and innovative strategies, policies and procedures related to the recruitment of Goucher's undergraduate and graduate students. They will assemble and chair a team to create data-driven, strategic, student centered, and personalized annual enrollment plans that feature ambitious recruitment and yield initiatives. Working closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders internally and externally, the AVP will be a community builder who will strengthen and deepen the relationships and reach of the College. The essential responsibilities for the AVP are as follows:
- In close collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the AVP identifies market segments and creates nuanced marketing strategies with a focus on brand building, innovation, and best practice; guides the development of recruitment and marketing materials; monitors the performance of strategic recruitment and integrated marketing plans and responds as necessary.
- Partners closely with campus colleagues - including the Provost, Vice President of Student Affairs and Athletic Director - to capture institutional assets and ensure alignment between the student experience and marketing messaging.
- Fosters a strong working relationship with the personnel in Student Financial Services to further improve the communication with prospective students regarding costs, financial aid, and the value of a Goucher education; participates in the establishment of annual tuition and fee rates and the creation of annual financial aid leveraging strategies that produce net revenue goals.
- In coordination with the Offices of Institutional Technology and Institutional Effectiveness, provides leadership and direction in the development and expansion of technology, data analytics and data visualization to support data-driven decision making; manages third party partnerships; oversees the creation and generation of reports to document and guide the recruitment plan and to inform the campus community and Board regarding enrollment-related data.
- Participates in initiatives to enhance diversity among the student body, providing an equitable and welcoming environment.
- Liaises with internal and external constituencies including the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, alumni, high school counselors, transfer counselors at community colleges, and prospective students and families; represents the College in a speaking capacity at on and off-campus student, parent/family, and counselor programs.
- Participates in professional admissions associations both regionally and nationally. Remains current with issues pertaining to the field through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses.
- Provides an ethical leadership model in recruiting students with a focus on retention and long-term success. Sets clear and concise expectation for recruitment staff.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Oversees the training, cross-training, and professional development opportunities to ensure that staff can be successful.
- Serves as an advocate, resource, and mentor to inspire, support and retain strong individuals, and capitalize on the skills and abilities within the undergraduate and graduate teams.
- In partnership with graduate academic programs, develops short- and long-term recruitment strategies and initiatives informed by ideas and feedback from graduate program directors, input from institutional partner and market data.
SKILLS and CHARACTERISTICS
The successful candidate should possess at least 10 years of progressive experience working in college admissions and/or within enrollment management or higher education, with at least five years of leadership experience. Candidates should have experience in the development and implementation of comprehensive college or university enrollment management plans with evidence of effectiveness in marketing, recruitment, and data-driven strategic plans, with the ability to organize administrative units to maximize achievement of recruiting and enrollment goals.
A bachelor's degree is required and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
In addition, the selected candidate will show evidence of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and compellingly in both individual and group settings
- Ability to serve as a strong advocate, promoting the strenths and qualities of Goucher
- Strong project and resource management abilities
- Strength in statistical research and analytical capacity; strong data acumen and the ability to use data to understand issues and develop effective strategies
- Even keeled and positive temperament with impeccable integrity, appropriate transparency, excellent judgment
- Ability to develop and communicate a compelling vision and execute actionable cutting edge, and creative actions toward that vision
- An active commitment to advancing diversity, inclusivity, and belonging
- Demonstrated ability to provide a thoughtful, positive, and inspirational leadership approach that develops and motivates a talented and successful team toward a common goal through collaborative and inclusive practices
- Exceptional work ethic; excellent organizational and delegation skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and handle highly confidential information
- Deep commitment to collaboration and collegiality; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, yet independently with internal and external constituencies
- Exceptional organizational, and management skills; highly self-motivated critical thinker with advanced problem-solving abilities and creativity
- Practical application of recruitment and review technology and data applications,
- Commitment to and embodiment of the highest standards of professionalism and quality; high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with diverse constituencies with the ability to serve as an ambassador for the University; ability to engage effectively with prospective students and families, current students and families, high school counselors, faculty, staff, alumni, and external audiences on behalf of the College
- Advanced level familiarity with web-based admissions and marketing tools. Excellent skills in terms of database management and analytical skills are required including experience with Microsoft Office; experience with PowerCampus and Slate is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The range of compensation for the position is expected to be between $125,000 and $146,750. To learn about Goucher College's outstanding benefits, see the website: https://www.goucher.edu/human-resources/benefits