Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107649-en_US
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School has an exciting opportunity available for an established professional in the field of the Healthcare Technology to serve as the Managing Director for its newly established Center for Digital Health and Artificial Intelligence (CDHAI). This grant-funded position will report to the Co-Director and collaborate with a team of energetic and dynamic individuals to advance the mission of the Center. This position will have multiple direct reports including administrative roles, a postdoc, students, and research assistants.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management of CDHAI (80%)
- Establish and maintain a growth plan for CDHAI in the health IT market, working closely with the center co-directors.
- Cultivate a network of contacts within the health IT community.
- Collaborate with external fellows of CDHAI to develop new programs.
- Manage large conference events such as Conference on Health IT and Analytics (CHITA) Conference.
- Identify, develop, and secure business opportunities by generating new leads, representing CDHAI at local and national meetings, creating custom presentations, writing business proposals, and managing meetings and seminars.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance, and recommending new opportunities for engagement with CDHAI.
- Manage marketing communications in collaboration with internal and external marketing and communications channels, serving as editor of CDHAI's newsletter, and developing CDHAI's web presence and online applications.
- Execute programs and projects by utilizing project management best practices, assigning resources, delegating tasks, employing and supervising student assistants and fellows, and delivering and presenting projects to clients.
- Direct operations by administering financial planning and budgeting of $1 - $1.5 Million annually, participating in strategic planning and goal setting, and executing strategic plans and other operational agendas.
- Prepare research proposals and work with center co-directors and other staff to plan research studies.
- Produce research papers, whitepapers, and articles to be submitted for publication in peer-reviewed journals and/or trade publications.
- Expand global operations by conceptualizing and initiating global health program development.
- Manage policy developments by advocating for favorable health IT policies, engaging with government officials and policymakers, tracking legislative developments, and positioning CDHAI to take advantage of emerging policies and programs.
- Drive innovation by conceptualizing and managing a nationwide innovation challenge program and partnering with early-stage companies and investors to collaborate in health IT product development and economic development.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Tableau software for research purposes.
- Proven ability in presenting and negotiating.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, adjust to changing priorities, and maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Advanced Microsoft tool skills.
- Master's Degree.
- Five plus years of information technology work experience, preferably in a health information technology.
- 1-2 years of additional research experience.
- Established Industry relationships with Digital health industries.
- Background in health information technology, health care, or pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred.
- Experience using Tableau or other data visualization software preferred.
Classified Title: Sr. Business Development Manager
Working Title: Managing Director
Starting Salary Range: $96,950-$133,350-$169,760 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with occasional evenings and weekends as needed
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JH at Harbor East
Department name: Faculty & Research Administration
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.