Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107661-en_US
The Department of Neurology is seeking a Biostatistician. The Biostatistician will collaborate with investigators on research projects with responsibility for analysis and presentation of project data. The Biostatistician will assist in statistical design consultation and provide data management and data analysis. Also, contributing to the application of statistical methods to advance scientific goals of various projects.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with investigators and Sr. Biostatisticians to develop objectives, design sampling, randomization, and statistical analysis plans to achieve study objectives.
- Perform appropriate methodologic procedures for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling.
- Collaborate with data managers and investigators to align statistical analysis plan with data collection procedures and forms.
- Perform sample size and power calculations, generates randomization schema, and prepares statistical sections for research protocols and manuscripts.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meeting with investigators and team that require statistical input.
- Design tables and statistical procedures for specific research studies.
- Assist with writing statistical design, methods, and analysis for manuscripts and research proposals.
- Analyze data and prepare tables for interim and final reports.
- Prepare written reports of statistical analyses.
- Apply new statistical methodologies.
- Ensure data integrity and compliance with security policies governed by HIPAA and the Johns Hopkins IRB.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of SQL and R markdown (proficiency with multiple statistical programs preferred).
- Experience in database software helpful.
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related quantitative field.
- One-year related experience.
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: Biostatistician
Starting Salary Range: $54,080-$74,390-$94,710 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Neuro BIOS
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.