Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 107490-en_US
Johns Hopkins Bayview Anesthesiology and Critical Care is seeking a CRNA who reports jointly to the Clinical Lead CRNA and the Division Chief of Nurse Anesthesia (Chief CRNA).
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary clinical responsibilities are (a)the administration of intravenous, inhalation and other anesthetics to patients in an operating room and (b) observing the physiological conditions of patients while under anesthesia.
- In conjunction with these primary responsibilities (a) evaluates each assigned patient's physical state and plans the course of anesthesia, (b) obtains, assembles, operates and/or monitors anesthesia equipment and (c) ensures that all necessary supplies, drugs and anesthetic agents are available.
- Medical Knowledge: Appropriate fund of knowledge, sufficient understanding or disease processes/drug effects and implications for anesthetic care.
- Professional Development: Independently researches new/unknown procedures, diseases, medications and equipment.
- Clinical Judgement: Functions within safe parameters for quality/good patient care. Seeks assistance from attending anesthesiologist when appropriate. Uses critical thinking skills and adapts to changes as necessary.
- Application of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of pre-op, intra-op, and post-op in an effective manner.
- Completion of a nurse anesthesia program approved by MD Board ofNursing. If program was completed after 1/1/08, a Master's Degree is required.
- Current MD State RN and CRNA license required. Current CPRcertification, ACLS required. Credentialing prior to start daterequired.
- Highly developed clinical, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate on a frequent basis with peers, colleagues, managers, supervisors, other health care professionals, patients and family members to exchange information and resolve conflict.
Classified Title: CRNA
Working Title: CRNA
Starting Salary Range: $195,000 - $213,926 - $232,279 (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri 40 wk
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM Ane Bay Bayview CRNA
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.