Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: 105018-en_US
We are seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Engagement for Education for the Johns Hopkins University's (JHU) Whiting School Engineering (WSE) supports the Engineering for Professionals (EP) and Lifelong Learning (LL) programs to establish relationships with industry partners and build programs targeted for the working professional—early-mid career technical professionals and executives. Areas for consideration include custom degree and certificate corporate partner programs, executive education programs, experiential and technical workshops, extended-day boot camps, and webinars. The Whiting School engages in multiple delivery modalities—face-to-face (at JHU locations as well as on-site), asynchronous and synchronous online, and hybrid approaches—for individual or cohort participation.
Reporting directly to the WSE Senior Director for Corporate Engagement, with dotted-line responsibilities to the WSE Associate Dean of Engineering for Professionals and the WSE Associate Dean for Lifelong Learning, the Associate Director, Corporate Engagement for Education will collaborate with the WSE Office of Marketing & Communications, the WSE Office of Research and Translation, EP Program Chairs, and LL Academic Portfolio Managers. The Associate Director, Corporate Engagement for Education will employ creativity, persistence, diligence, and strong organizational skills. The position location is a combination of on- and off-site, as needed. A substantial amount of time engaged with industry is expected. Some travel is also expected.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement corporate engagement strategy.
- Follow-up on corporate engagement leads for WSE EP and LL.
- Generate new business-to-business (B2B) leads.
- Develop industry-tailored marketing material.
- Lead internal and external corporate engagement communication activities.
- Participate in customer discovery into corporate and working professional education wants and needs; translate insights gained to identify program offerings and delivery approaches.
- Participate in competitive analysis research to inform EP and LL offerings.
- Coordinate concepts with respective EP Program Chairs for development and delivery of offerings that complement the EP master's programs/certificates with anticipation that specific offerings may be developed and delivered through the respective Program Chairs.
- Coordinate concepts with respective LL Academic Portfolio Managers for development and delivery of offerings.
- Attend industry professional association events.
- Network with learning and talent development professionals in the industry and peers at other educational institutions.
- Hand off corporate engagement leads to respective academic leaders when appropriate.
- Participate on JHU/WSE corporate engagement committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Management, or Education fields.
- Five years of related experience in business development, marketing experience in education, and/or experience in a university-corporate engagement role, on either the university or industry side.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the mission and vision of the WSE, EP, and LL initiatives.
Special Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strategic and innovative thinker who can bring the creativity, energy, discipline, and commitment needed to turn strategy into action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the capacity to present a compelling case, persuade, engage, and excite others.
- Careful attention to detail, superior organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Highly collaborative team player: one who respects others and is worthy of respect in return and demonstrates excellent people skills.
- Ability to engage with senior corporate and government HR as well as learning and talent development leadership nationwide and globally.
- Willingness to spend a significant amount of time on travel.
- Leader who is known for having high ethical standards and integrity.
Classified Title: Business Development Consultant
Working Title: Associate Director, Corporate Engagement for Education
Starting Salary Range: $83,100-$114,230 - $145,360 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 830-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: WSE Office of Research
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.