Provide strategic direction and leadership to the marketing and fan experience unit for Morgan State Athletics. Serve as a leader in the athletics department in support of its mission, vision, and values. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and recommendations.
This position will interact on a regular basis with: Senior athletics staff, unit management and staff, campus partners, and vendors.
This position typically will advise and counsel: Athletics staff, unit management and staff, campus partners, and vendors.
This position will supervise: Assigned staff
Duties and responsibilities of the role, but not limited to:
• Manage and lead full-time, part-time and intern team members in the development and implementation of individual sport marketing plans designed to increase fan engagement, support, attendance, drive ticket sales revenue, and improve overall athletic department presentation/image.
• Develop a comprehensive marketing plan integrating traditional and nontraditional media.
• Collaborate with the Athletic Ticketing, Sales and Sponsorship Unit to effectively utilize marketing resources to reach revenue goals in all areas.
• Develop a comprehensive plan and calendar to effectively communicate (emails, social media, phone blasts, fan guides, other written communication) with athletic supporters and ticket purchases for all sports.
• Partner with other Athletic department and non-Athletic department units to effectively market Morgan Athletics and communicate with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Athletics Ticketing, Athletics Development, Licensing, Communications, Alumni Association, Student Associations, and University Relations.
• Collaborate with Corporate Sponsorship Unit to help facilitate incremental corporate sales while also "protecting" the integrity of the unique Morgan collegiate brand.
• Collaborate with Morgan Bear Club/Athletic Development Unit to help facilitate donor relations and marketing materials for fundraising initiatives.
• Oversee the game-day sponsor fulfillment: game-day promotion, on-court/field promotions, game-day messaging of sponsorships and promotions (PA, video boards, event marketing staff, etc.).
• Oversee the operation and maintenance of athletic homepage in conjunction with Athletic communications department: morganstatebears.com
• Develop and lead the execution of a department-wide forward thinking and strategic social media plan that includes short term and long-term goals.
• Collaborate with Athletic Academic Unit to develop, promote and document all student-athlete community outreach and public relations aspects of Morgan Athletics.
• Monitor and fill all donation marketing related requests on behalf of Morgan Athletics.
• Develop and implement the annual marketing budget.
• Through collaboration with the external operations team, lead the creative vision for the department, including overseeing the video content and graphic design ideation and production team.
• Oversee and manage various initiatives in the department, including but not limited to the Morgan Athletics Internship Program and more.
• Represent Morgan Athletics on various campus committees.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Athletic Director and Associate Athletics Director- Development and Revenue Generation.
Effective communications skills (written and oral)
Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a diverse group of constituents
Must be able to work under deadlines
Knowledge of internet and social media technologies
Demonstrated record of possessing a high degree of integrity and commitment to men and women’s athletics and to the values of inclusivity and diversity
Ability to demonstrate good judgment and respond quickly and professionally under pressure and in a very open and public environment
Ability to travel and work nights/weekends
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of college athletics/marketing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Internal Number: ST00507
About Morgan State University Athletics
Morgan State University, founded in 1867, is a Carnegie-classified high research (R2) institution offering more than 126 academic programs leading to degrees from the baccalaureate to the doctorate. As Maryland's Preeminent Public Urban Research University, and the only university to have its entire campus designated as a National Treasure by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Morgan serves a multiethnic and multiracial student body and seeks to ensure that the doors of higher education are opened as wide as possible to as many as possible. For more information about Morgan State University, visit www.morgan.edu.
BACK TO TOP
Greater Baltimore Urban League 512 Orchard St. Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 523-8150 (Get Directions)