Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
The Operational Tax Testing program is part of the broader Enterprise and Infrastructure testing team within Shared Services Compliance.
The Operational Tax Testing Professional will report to the Testing Manager and will support the planning and execution of the Operational Tax Testing Program. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform testing of operational tax processing functions globally. The testing process includes preparatory investigation (obtaining background information on tax regulation and policy requirements, reviewing procedure and process documentation, documenting the key controls to be tested, and determining testing approach such as sampling methodologies) followed by test execution (via interviews, observations, re-performance of key controls, etc.)
- Document all testing parameters, activities and findings in the testing work papers, in accordance with the Firm’s testing standards
- Compile the test report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls that were tested, and document any issues found and their respective corrective action plans
- Confirm all remediation action plans are completed, and the relevant process re-tested where needed
Prior experience in internal audit, compliance testing, operational risk management, or similar field required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with testing constituents at all levels of management Strong process documentation and report writing skills - Strong analytical skills: ability to understand new concepts and processes quickly, ability to anticipate how risks might manifest in practice and how tests can be designed to identify such risks - Sound organizational and planning skills to handle large workload independently
- Knowledge of financial services operations preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
BS/BA, preferably in business, finance or related field
3+ years’ experience in audit, compliance, regulatory examinations, risk management or related field
Internal Number: 3136977
About Morgan Stanley
We believe capital can work to benefit all of society We make this belief a reality by putting clients first, leading with exceptional ideas, doing the right thing, and giving back.