The Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC) in the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) School of Medicine is now hiring for a Program Management Specialist. Under general supervision, this position will provide administrative support to the Cancer Center Support Grant programs and newly integrated training grant database. The selected candidate will primarily perform administrative tasks and coordination associated with various events in support of UMGCCC programs within the Program in Oncology (PIO). This position will be the primary support for the UMGCCC Training and Education Program, managing the newly integrated Training Database supporting various NIH R25, ACS and T32 funded programs.
UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
1. Collects and enters information needed for database and tracking system on program activities. Imports data, compiles statistics, presents these in table or chart format, and prepares reports for grant submission, program evaluation, compliance, and survey participation purposes.
2. Coordinates administrative processes involved in supporting PIO programs which include program monthly meetings and annual retreats, purchase order and travel requisitions, marketing, recruitment, and administrative support to Program Leaders.
3. Ensures that all required forms and documentation are complete. Compiles, updates, and maintains all records related to assigned administrative processes.
4. Management and oversight of the Training Database. Collects and enters information needed for database and tracking system on program activities. Compiles statistics, presents these in table or chart format, and prepares data tables and reports for grant submissions, program evaluation, compliance, and survey participation purposes.
5. Assists in planning and coordinates all activities involved in organizing lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums, and special events such as program annual retreats and Cancer Center Research Day.
6. Participates in all efforts to promote and publicize the training programs such as recruitment fairs and professional conferences.
7. Assist in the design, edits, and prepares drafts of marketing, public relations, and other informational materials. Coordinates printing and publication requirement with University or other external resources.
8. Prepares, organizes, and disseminates data, conference schedules, marketing materials, handouts, and other similar materials through close coordination with Program Leaders and Directors.
9. Assists in the preparation of grant and contract and project proposals.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative staff work.
Preferred : Experience with data mining, events coordination, and federally funded training grants is preferred.
Other : Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $39,732 - $52,626
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff - N10PM1
Employee Class : Non-Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
Organization: School of Medicine - Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2020
Unposting Date: Jan 25, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Internal Number: 139261
About University of Maryland, Baltimore
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, global health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.