MANAGER, PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
About this Job
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Washington DC
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit outside of the federal government while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $988 million in research and provided more than $2.2 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 60 countries worldwide.
The Manager, Program Development is a member of the Community Collaboration for Collective Impact program (3CI) team within Komen’s African-American Health Equity Initiative. The goal of the 3CI program is to reduce disparities in breast cancer outcomes within the African-American community by 25% within five years, starting in the 11 U.S. cities where the inequities are greatest. These cities include Memphis, St. Louis, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Washington, D.C., Virginia Beach, Los Angeles Metroplex, Philadelphia Metroplex, Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, and Baltimore. A Collective Impact model will guide the program. This model addresses complex social issues through long-term, cross-sector collaborative action and investment to maximize impact by creating community-driven systems change. The 3CI program will employ several program methods including assessing quality and increasing improvement of care delivery; improving care coordination through patient navigation and other means; and community advocacy.
The primary objective of the Manager, Program Development is to support Susan G. Komen in achieving our overall Vision and Mission by:
• Developing evidence-based interventions and materials to address key drivers of breast cancer health disparities in African-Americans.
• Developing 3CI training curricula including analysis, planning, and content development across different training modalities (i.e. online, face-to-face and blended), and training measurement.
• Supervising the program development team and collaborating with 3CI’s program implementation and evaluation teams.
• Promoting an organizational culture that values trust, commitment to the mission, scientific integrity, and professional and organizational growth
Developing evidence-based interventions and materials to address key drivers of breast cancer health disparities in African-Americans.
• Works with 3CI Director to develop and implement a strategy of program interventions to address the key drivers of breast cancer health disparities in African-Americans based on the findings of the 3CI landscape analyses and applicable evidence-based public health interventions.
• Works with the Program Evaluation team and 3CI Director to support the development of measurable outcomes for evidence-based program interventions.
• Identifies and assesses future and current program intervention and training needs throughout the project.
• Creates strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the program interventions by identifying bottlenecks in completing program activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate them.
Developing the 3CI training curricula and training measurements.
• Works with subject matter experts and 3CI Director to develop comprehensive training curricula and materials for 3CI program interventions. Training materials will utilize adult learning principles for face-to-face, online and blended learning modalities.
• Designs and develops curriculum content, training materials, training modules,
teaching aids, and manages all aspects of curriculum development program
to be used by the training facilitators/instructors and training participants.
• Conducts research and consults with applicable Komen staff and subject matter experts in the design and development of new curricula; utilizes current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led training programs
• Works with program evaluation team and 3CI Director to coordinate the review, assessment and piloting of curricula and training materials to ensure that they’re meeting intended objectives and requirements.
• Develops training-of-trainer instructional design and plan as well as training materials for training of trainer curricula with the necessary details to direct instruction.
• Develops and maintains research database that may be utilized to develop and review curriculum.
• Develops training piloting strategy for assessing new training curricula and revising training materials based on pilot feedback; establishes a process to review and include feedback from pilot evaluations.
• Works with Komen Marketing team to develop training material branding and marketing strategy.
• Works with Komen IT team, instructional designers and Komen training staff to develop strategy for developing, hosting and disseminating online and distance learning trainings.
• Works with Program Evaluation team to monitor all program interventions and trainings for progress towards achieving the program goals and indicators.
• Works with instructional designers to create training content and design for online and distance learning trainings.
• Evaluates instructional programs and teaching effectiveness of trainers.
Providing supervision of the program development team and collaborating with 3CI’s program implementation and program evaluation teams.
• Develops work plans and production schedules for assignments.
• Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork
• Meets one on one and in a team basis for coaching, program management, etc.
• Crafts annual performance goals and reviews progress on a regular basis. Conducts annual performance reviews.
Other Duties as Assigned.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
• Outstanding computer skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.