Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical Engineering:
Fire Protection Water-Based (formerly Automatic Sprinkler System)
Fire Sprinkler Designer - NICET Level III or IV (Relocation available)
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company (100% employee owned - ESOP) opened its doors in 1978. Headquartered in Odenton, Maryland (Near Baltimore Washington International Airport) with an established branch office in Ashburn, VA, (Near Dulles Airport), Chesapeake Sprinkler Company is a full service (Sales, Design, Fabrication – yes, we do our own fabrication, and Installation) successful fire protection systems contractor capable of performing any type of systems from commercial, industrial, residential, service and special hazards.
Our projects call for any type of fire protection from standard wet and dry through large and complex special hazard systems, alarm and detection and suppression in any type of construction environment.
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company is seeking experienced candidates for the position of SPRINKLER DESIGNER. A synopsis of responsibilities of the designer position are as follows:
* Obtain C.A.D. files from Arch, Mechanical and Civil Engineers
* Clean the C.A.D. drawings for use in our Fire Sprinkler 3-D design program
* Design sprinkler head layouts (Per N.F.P.A. guidelines and local codes), along with pipe routing
coordinator with the Arch, Mechanical and Structural layout of the building
* Perform hydraulic calculations to determine appropriate pipe sizes for the sprinkler systems to
* Submit final designed to the General Contractor and local jurisdiction for approvals
* Cut and list material for field installation
* AutoSPRINK software is preferred but should at least have excellent knowledge of C.A.D. or Drafting.
* NICET certification III or IV
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company offers a full line of benefits:
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, (401)-K, Pre-tax Deductions, voluntary AFLAC and Guardian Products, earned PTO, and most importantly the Employee Stock Ownership Plan which is the opportunity to BE AN OWNER of this GREAT company.
If you feel this opportunity would interest you, please email ALL of the following: Any missing information - your credentials will NOT be considered.
A resume with your complete work history.
A cover letter stating your interest and salary range Desired - Try us !!
This is an IN-HOUSE position.
to: Human Resource Manager, Chesapeake Sprinkler Company.
We will contact applicants we have an interest in. Please call for more information!! 443-955-6643. Position is located in Odenton, Maryland. Work hours are M-F 8:00-5:00
NICET LEVEL III or IV
Commercial Fire Sprinkler Design
About Chesapeake Sprinkler Company
Fire Protection sprinkler system design and Installation company located in Odenton, Maryland.
BACK TO TOP
Greater Baltimore Urban League 512 Orchard St. Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 523-8150 (Get Directions)