JOB SUMMARY: THIS JOB IS BASED IN THE BALTIMORE REGION! Under the direction of the Vice President of Property Services, as the Regional Service Manager you will manage capital projects and work with the Regional Manager overseeing the Service Managers in the assigned region to ensure training of the Service teams is conducted in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Mission Rock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES A large part of this position if the oversight of assets that involve the management of capital projects, five year capital plans, developing scopes of work, managing vendor (supplier) relations, and analyzing properties with respect to capital needs, budgeting and maintenance. You will also be responsible for guidance of on-site maintenance.
• Obtain bids, create contracts and verify contractor insurance certificates in order to ensure they meet the requirements set forth by owners and management
• Manage over $8,000,000.00 in capital projects including but not limited to overall tracking and management of projects, owner meetings, scope of work development, and city and county official communications. Additionally, work with engineers/engineering firms, track and manage projects, handle contract negotiations and complete work approvals.
• Responsible for project budget as it relates to maintenance or capital improvements.
• Assess and recommends capital improvements with budget recommendations, implementing as necessary.
• Assess and recommend maintenance improvements with budget recommendations.
• Conducts annual maintenance inspections to company standards as necessary.
• Evaluate suppliers and their services on an annual basis based on quality, customer service and pricing.
• Lead on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure, and appliance.
• Supports property and regional managers with associate training, coaching and discipline.
• Oversee company sponsored training programs such as fair housing, safety, non- discrimination and harassment prevention.
• Schedule preventive and floating maintenance, if applicable.
• Perform other tasks as directed.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures including the Team Member Handbook and National Standards, as well as all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, and all applicable local state and federal laws.
This list is intended as a guideline of general responsibilities of the position and is not to be considered all-inclusive of responsibilities that may reasonably be required of you.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have extensive knowledge about Apartment maintenance operations and systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills and a high level of organizational skills. Minimum requirements for this position are:
3 years + as a regional maintenance director or above
3 years + in multifamily communities
3 years + supervising multiple communities
3 years + supervising 15 employees or more.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write communications, market studies, operating analyses, and other forms of industry-standard correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the Company.
Computer Skills: Strong computer and Microsoft office skills. Ability to create and modify advanced files in Microsoft Excel, Word and, Power Point.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to understand and deal effectively with resident, vendor or personnel concerns or issues according to Company policy regardless of attitude, behavior or tone of the individual. Ability to motivate, discipline and train employees to maximize productivity.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and / or complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with one or more problems at a time involving one or more variables that are either known or unknown.
Projected Start Date: 4/1/2019
3 year(s): Hands on experience in all aspects of maintenance.
3 year(s): Construction
3 year(s): Project Management
Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
CPO-Cert Pool Operator
Property Management Software
Internal Number: REGIO02472-00001
About Mission Rock Residential, LLC
Mission Rock's foundation is a culture of integrity, honesty and transparency at all times from all team members. We have a ground up approach to managing our communities. We encourage our team members to develop and present innovative ideas that are in the best interest of the communities they manage and that will deliver positive results to create value to the investors and residents. We encourage a collaborative management style that delivers the optimum results, while always demonstrating the ultimate respect for one another. The golden rule of treating one another the way they want to be treated is expected from all of our team members. We are driven by our pride, passion and competitive spirit to be the "best in class" Management Company. Our team members are expected to be accountable to deliver on the promises they agree to and to share in the successes.
BACK TO TOP
Greater Baltimore Urban League 512 Orchard St. Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 523-8150 (Get Directions)