Loyola University Maryland is seeking a Director of Development for Athletics/Assistant Athletic Director to join our team of advancement professionals, to position Loyola as a leader both in and out of the classroom. Loyola University of Maryland has just completed Bright Minds Bold Hearts, a $100 Million Campaign to strengthen the University for the future. Through BMBH, Loyola has added $50 M to the University's endowment, created 115 new scholarships, enhanced two important athletic facilities – tennis courts and the new air dome, strengthened academic programs – both nationally and internationally – and invested resources in our local community. Loyola student athletes are leaders both on and off the field with superior GPA's, four Patriot League Championships, top -tier graduation rates, and a deep commitment to community service.
The Director of Development for Athletics/Assistant AD is a senior member of the Advancement and Athletics teams and reports to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement. The Director is responsible for supervising an Assistant Director of Development and working closely with the Athletic Director, coaches and athletic staff as well as members of the university administration to identify, cultivate and secure outright, planned and annual gifts from individuals matching donor intent with University initiatives. It is expected that approximately 70% of work time will be devoted to fundraising activities with the remaining 30% devoted to administrative duties. There is an annual expectation to raise between $1M – $2M in major gifts and conduct 100-125 visits.
Duties include identifying and evaluating giving potential of major and principal gift through personal visit and engagement in philanthropic priorities that serve the School's mission. Effectively plan and execute major and planned gift strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward individual major donors – alumni, parents, friends – as appropriate. Develop and propose specific solicitation strategies to promote athletic fundraising priorities. Match programs and gift opportunities to the interests of potential donors consistent with established campaign goals for athletics and Loyola University Maryland. Coordinate with colleagues and volunteers on various fundraising activities and events throughout the year. Provide guidance to the marketing materials and external messaging for annual fund appeals, phonothon and electronic media. Prepare and complete timely contact reports; prepare written proposals, background reports, and other development materials for use during donor cultivation and solicitation.
Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit Catholic University located in Baltimore, a diverse and complete East Coast city.
Bachelor's degree and 5 to 8 years of experience is required.
For more information about this position, Loyola University Maryland and to apply online please visit: https://careers.loyola.edu/
Successful candidates for any staff, faculty, or administrative position at Loyola University Maryland will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If Staff, list days and hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm; some nights and weekends
Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit, Catholic university committed to the educational and spiritual traditions of the Society of Jesus and to the ideals of liberal education and the development of the whole person. Accordingly, Loyola inspires students to learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world. Loyola’s beautiful, historic Evergreen campus is located in Baltimore, and its graduate centers are in Timonium and Columbia. Loyola enrolls 4,000 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students across the Sellinger School of Business and Management, the School of Education, and Loyola College of Arts and Sciences. Founded in 1852, Loyola is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the first to bear the name of Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus.