A Pre-K3 – Grade 5 Episcopal School in Ellicott City, Maryland
The history, mission, and values of St. John’s Parish Day School may be summarized in the following statement: We set out every day to educate the whole person to excellence, nurturing each child’s full potential. The Director of Admission and Financial Aid must be committed heart and soul to the Mission. The Director is a member of the Executive Administration and reports directly to the Headmaster. The Director supervises a full-time Assistant Director who also provides reception and hospitality in Clark House, home of the Office of Admission.
Job One for the Director of Admission and Financial Aid at SJPDS will be to increase net-gained enrollment in each grade level. The Director must be a well-organized and strong leader who can effect a game-changer by leading the School into the “new normal” in independent school admission in America. In a trusted partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications, who offices down the hall, the Director of Admission must be keen about opening new markets for the growth of enrollment. The Director must create an admission office bent on recruiting new students by new means and in new areas of greater Baltimore.
A summary of responsibilities and duties includes:
* Representing the School at key and important functions as a member of the Executive Administration.
* Presenting the Headmaster with a Plan for the recruitment of new students.
* Establish warm personal relationships with Parents, Trustees, and the entire Faculty and Staff.
* Oversight of the Admission Office and admission process, which includes conducting Open Houses, campus tours, and answering questions of prospective parents. The director must effect the systematic and efficient handling of all promotional materials; applications for admission and tuition assistance; follow-up communication with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates
and their parents; arrangements for admission testing; securing student credentials; and communicating final decisions. Working with the division heads, the Director will create and lead two small committees: The Lower-School Admission Committee and the Early Childhood Admission Committee.
* Oversight of the Financial Aid process, which means ensuring need-blind admissions and working closely with the Director of Business Operations and other members of the Financial Aid Committee to the meet demonstrated need of every applicant. The Director must continuously assess the financial aid program, ensuring that the funds available are used to maximum advantage for growing enrollment.
* Oversight of the Scholarship Programs, including brochures promoting same.
* Partnering with the Director of Marketing to sell the School in new and existing markets be every means, including personal contacts, visits abroad, publications, social media, and various approved means.
* Create an annual admission budget, including marketing materials.
* Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the next year.
* Assist the Director of Development when possible in keeping up with past-parents and alumni.
* Manage up-to-date admission data and prepare a monthly Director’s Report for the Board of Trustees. The Report must interpret the data and offer insight and recommendations as to admission trends.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Headmaster.
Director of Admission and Financial Aid. St. John’s Parish Day School, Ellicott City, MD. Pre-K3-Grade 5 Episcopal school. Great opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader dedicated to enrollment growth in a competitive market. Prospects should send a Letter of Interest, Resume, and References to the Headmaster: email@example.com.