Perform standard administrative work supporting a functional area within assigned College department or function.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
Bachelor's degree and two years of full time experience in an employer outreach, business sales, marketing and /or community outreach. Or an Associate's degree and four years of full time experience in business sales, marketing and /or community outreach. Or 66 credit hours from an accredited college or university. College credits to include courses in marketing or community outreach and four years of full time experience in business sales, marketing and /or community outreach. Must have a valid driver's license in good standing with violation points less than five (5).
For best consideration, please apply by January 14, 2018.
Compensation within the above posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
CLASS SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and/or initiatives.
2. Identify resources and tools that can assist others with their individual needs.
3. Conduct workshops and presentations, as required.
4. Provide academic advisement services, as required.
5. Serve on appropriate departmental, division and college-wide committees.
6. Maintains department records and files, as required.
7. Prepare, analyze and provide reports on miscellaneous subjects, as requested.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all
inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Plan and implement job search strategies with each student that results in gainful employment.
2. Contact employers by telephone, email, email and personal site visits to promote CCBC students.
3. Establish strong employer partnerships that result in job placements.
4. Meet and recruit perspective employers by attending networking events, i.e., career fairs,
Chamber of Commerce and other events to obtain job opportunities for students.
5. Meet monthly job placement goals.
6. Interview students to obtain background knowledge for education, employment history,
drug screening and criminal background.
7. Identify and assess the participants' skills, interests, work values, strengths, weaknesses,
and work ethics.
8. Provide job readiness skills training sessions for interviewing techniques, conduct mock
interviews, facilitate and develop resumes for students.
9. Enter student information into system database for placement outcomes, maintain case notes,
case records and documentation into enterprise system.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
CCBC is the college of choice for over 70,000 students and 200 businesses each year — all with unique goals, strengths and requirements. By offering a holistic learning environment that is both accepting and challenging, we meet students where they are and take them where they want to go.
CCBC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all hiring and employment practic...es. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law.
CCBC’s benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, ample paid time off, choice of one of two Maryland State Retirement Plans (contributory and noncontributory), and much more.
Back to top
Greater Baltimore Urban League 512 Orchard St. Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 523-8150 (Get Directions)